This Sunday, we celebrate our mothers and all of the wisdom they tried to impart to us.
Now that we're grown up, perhaps we can use some of that wisdom in our fight for financial freedom. Some things to remember:
- "Take out the trash": Mom's subtle way of telling you that nothing good happens without hard work.
- "Share with your sister": Giving produces good returns at home, at work and throughout life.
- "Do your homework": Knowledge and skill make you more marketable and valuable.
- "Your eyes are too big for your stomach": Don't go after more stuff than you can afford.
- "Clean your room": Manage what you own so you can get more.
- "Children are starving in China": Be grateful for what you have, and always eat the food your Mom gives you.
- "No": Some things you want may not be good for you.
- "Wait till your father gets home": When you get in trouble, be humble and try to settle the problem at the lowest level possible.
- "You can do it, son": A little encouragement goes a long way. Have faith.
- "Get dressed for church: Don't forget to give thanks to the Lord.
We'll try to do better.
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries, spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God; the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage; and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.