With hurricanes popping up in the Atlantic, it is a good time to remember that disasters, natural and manmade, are a part of life. With a little planning, you can be ready:
- You can't prepare for Armageddon. But you should be ready if the lights go out and the banks go down for a few weeks.
- Credit cards may not work, and banks may be closed in a disaster. There is no substitute for green cash.
- You'll need two to four weeks of emergency green cash. Save up a little at a time on your budget.
- If the transportation and distribution system is in damaged, you won't be able to get any food. You should have at least a two-week supply.
- Canned goods and bulk items like rice and beans can be bought and stored at a reasonable cost. Get food you like and will actually use.
- Rotate food from your reserves into your diet. That way the cost is part of your grocery budget.
- Consider getting an inexpensive solar cooker. Eating cold food in the dark is no fun.
- Public water can be contaminated or cut off in a disaster. Have a supply of bottled water on hand.
- Keep reserve supplies of things like soap and toilet paper. There is no reason to live through a crisis without civilized comforts.
- Public order may break down in disaster. Get a firearm and learn how to use it to protect your family.
- Check on disaster preparations in your church and community. You'll need someplace to send your starving neighbors.
- Don't overlook the option of leaving town. Keep your cars gassed up if you see trouble coming.
- When disaster strikes, it's too late to get ready. Be ready now.
- A few sensible preparations can give you great peace of mind. Then live your life without fear.
A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it (Prov. 22:3).
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries, spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God; the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage; and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.