Volunteers. Without them, there is no children's ministry. It's vital that you recognize and honor them on a regular basis.
Here are 10 ways you can use your words to express thankfulness for the volunteers who serve in your ministry.
1. Recognize their heart for reaching the next generation. I put this first because it's important to not just recognize what they do, but who they are as a person. What they do flows out of who they are.
2. Thank them for their faithfulness. Let them know you appreciate how they always show up to faithfully serve.
3. Recognize their passion to reach the next generation. Let them know you appreciate their passion to pass on their faith to the next generation.
4. Honor them by expressing appreciation for their commitment. It's often hard work to pass on their faith. Thank them for their commitment.
5. Recognize their positive attitude. Anyone can be negative. It takes someone special to spread positive words of encouragement.
6. Thank them for how they invest in the kids. Their time. Their talent. Their treasure.
7. Recognize their commitment to excellence. Thank them for giving their best and serving wholeheartedly. They often go the second mile.
8. Thank them for their endurance. Let's be honest. Serving in children's ministry is not always easy. It takes volunteers who are in it for the long haul.
9. Thank them for their commitment to teamwork. It takes teamwork for a children's ministry to thrive. Thank them for serving in unity with those around them.
10. Thank them for being a difference-maker. Let them know the impact they are making in the lives of the kids they are ministering to.
My challenge to you is this—every week say at least one of these things to a volunteer. When you do this, the volunteers you serve with will appreciate you, and the team will be strengthened and encouraged.
For the original article, visit relevantchildrensministrycom.
Dale Hudson has been in children's ministry for over 30 years. He has helped build some of the largest and fastest growing children's ministries and churches in the nation. At Christ Fellowship in South Florida, he helped the church grow from 12,000 to over 28,000 people attending each weekend. In eight years there, he built a volunteer team of over 2,600 that ministered to thousands of kids each weekend.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.