It's 2022! A brand new year with a fresh start. You have been granted a clean slate and a wondrous "do-over"! What if I told you that there is just one thing you could do in the coming year that would impact your life exponentially? Would you do it?
What if I told you that there is one daily discipline, which takes about 15 minutes a day, that is stronger than an anti-depressant, more powerful than a personal trainer and brings greater comfort and wisdom than the most renown counselor you could possibly find? Would you participate in this discipline?
What if I told you that I, a formerly depressed woman, currently experience such joy and peace in my soul that it reaches far beyond my circumstances, past the difficult people in my life and overcomes my socio-economic level?
I have found that participating in this simple yet meaningful practice delivers eternal rewards and rejuvenates the woman that I am with inexpressible joy and purpose. Are you willing to take the plunge with me at the beginning of this brand new year?
This is not a "magic" fix but it is indeed a miraculous prescription!
The "just one thing" that holds treasure beyond measure is this: Read your Bible.
I want to challenge you to read your Bible every day in the coming year with joy and delight. I dare you to think about the Word of God, talk about the Bible and even make it part of your emotional DNA.
"He sent His word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions" (Ps. 107:20, NKJV).
The Bible is the greatest source of healing, comfort, wisdom and peace that has ever been known to humanity. The Bible is God's eternal gift to us and His eternal love letter.
"My soul weeps because of grief; strengthen me according to Your word" (Ps. 119:28, NASB1995).
The Bible is able to do for you what other resources are unable to accomplish in your life.
"This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your Word has revived me" (Ps. 119:50).
Whatever you have gone through in life, the Word of God has the power to heal your heart and to ease your pain! I guarantee it!
Whatever you face in all of your tomorrows will be bearable because of the wisdom and strength found in the Word of God! I guarantee it!
If you are wondering how to approach reading the Word of God during this calendar year, let me give you a few suggestions:
1) Set aside 15 minutes a day to read your Bible. Perhaps you can set aside 20-30 minutes a day on the weekends. The investment of time that you give to the Word of God will be the best investment of your entire life!
2) Choose a Scripture once a month to memorize. On the first day of every month, simply write out a verse on a 3 x 5 card and then carry it around with you...reading your verse wherever you go. At the end of the year, you will be the beneficiary of 12 new scriptures that are hidden in your heart!
3) When you are in a difficult situation in life, get on your knees with your Bible open. Ask God to speak to you through His Word. Reverently open your Bible and bask in all that He is and all that He has.
4) Make it your personal goal to share with someone once a week what you are reading in your Bible. Ask God to open doors for you to share a scripture with someone. Perhaps you could set a monthly appointment with a friend and determine that you will only talk about the Bible!
5) Remind yourself that as the children of God, we do not primarily read the Bible for information but for transformation. Even if your mind does not understand what you have read, your spirit is being renewed, strengthened and restored! I guarantee it!
My heartfelt prayer for your life in 2022 is that you will begin to fall in love with the God of the Bible! I pray that you will hide God's Word in your heart like thousands have done before you and that you will stand victoriously at the end of 2022 with joy in your heart.
If you only do just one new thing this new year, let it be this one...read your Bible!
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.